COVID-19 has revealed how structural racism manifests in the health experiences and outcomes of Black, Indigenous, and people of color. Advancing Health Equity in the Era of COVID-19 explored these challenges and outlined strategies for promoting health equity in times of crisis.
In this second event of the UW–Madison School of Education Real Talk for Real Change symposia series, LaVar Charleston, Associate Dean for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, hosted a panel facilitated by Rich Halverson, Associate Dean for Innovation, Outreach, and Partnerships. The panel featured the following special guests:
- Shiva Bidar-Sielaff (Chief Diversity Officer, UW Health)
- Nick Frost (Professor, UW–Madison Counseling Psychology)
- Andrea Gilmore-Bykovskyi (Professor, UW–Madison School of Nursing)
- Olayinka Shiyanbola (Professor, UW–Madison School of Pharmacy)
- Alia Stevenson (Chief Programs Officer, Foundation for Black Women’s Wellness)