Whether you’re a K-12 educator seeking to improve student outcomes, a faculty member in search of opportunities to share your research with broader communities, or a parent looking for high-quality youth programs developed by professionals in arts and education that meet UW–Madison’s rigorous standards, you’ve come to the right PLACE. Find a full list of all our services below.
FOR OUR SCHOOL OF EDUCATION COLLEAGUES: OUTREACH DEVELOPMENT FUNDS
Outreach Development Funds (ODF) are an investment from the SoE Dean’s Office that enable PLACE to develop non-revenue-generating outreach programming in collaboration with SoE faculty and staff in all 10 departments and a range of offices, centers, and units.
PLACE can, for example, support SoE faculty/staff in designing, managing, and marketing outreach activities such as conferences, book talks, webinars, workshops, and long-term partnerships.
Interested in learning more? Click here for additional information.
Ready to propose an Outreach Development Fund project? Click here for the official request form. Please note that, prior to submitting your proposal, you are required to share your ideas with your Department Chair / Unit Director.
FOR CAMPUS PARTNERS
- Conference and Event Planning Services: registration, event websites, marketing, abstract submissions, venue selection, onsite support, financial management, attendee materials, signage, travel and/or lodging, and content delivery design
- Support for disseminating research and connecting to communities of interest (contact Lisa Barker)
- Curriculum development support for virtual events and virtual curriculum design (contact Lisa Barker)
- Fulfilling outreach outcomes for grants and research funding (contact Lisa Barker)
- Creative Services, Marketing, and Publicity for programs produced through PLACE: event logos, posters and flyers, email marketing, social media campaigns, press releases, and more (contact Matthew Freid)
FOR SCHOOL DISTRICTS, EDUCATIONAL, AND COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS
FOR K-12 EDUCATORS
- Curriculum Development (contact Lisa Barker)
- Professional Communities of Practice in areas such as:
- Professional Learning and Development workshops, institutes, symposia, conferences, certificate programs, and yearlong partnerships in areas such as:
- Youth Programs in the Arts
The PLACE staff significantly contributed to the success of our online event. All our questions were answered, we were given the opportunity to test new ideas, and the PLACE team understood our goals.