Whether you’re a K-12 educator seeking to improve student outcomes, a faculty member in search of opportunities to share your research with broader communities, or a parent looking for high-quality youth programs developed by professionals in arts and education that meet UW–Madison’s rigorous standards, you’ve come to the right PLACE. Find a full list of all our services below.
FOR K-12 EDUCATORS
- Curriculum Development (contact Lisa Barker)
- Professional Communities of Practice in areas such as:
- Professional Learning and Development workshops, institutes, symposia, conferences, certificate programs, and yearlong partnerships in areas such as:
- Youth Programs in Writing and the Arts
FOR SCHOOL DISTRICTS, EDUCATIONAL, AND COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS
- All K-12 educator programs can be customized for individuals, classrooms, schools, and districts (contact Lisa Barker)
- Customized youth arts programs (contact Yorel Lashley)
- Customized youth writing programs (contact Mark Dziedzic)
FOR FACULTY AND UW–MADISON CAMPUS PARTNERS
- Conference and Event Planning Services: virtual event planning, registration, event websites, marketing, abstract submissions, venue selection, onsite and virtual support, financial management, attendee materials, signage, travel and/or lodging, and content delivery design
- Support for disseminating research and connecting to communities of interest (contact Lisa Barker)
- Curriculum development support for virtual events and virtual curriculum design (contact Lisa Barker)
- Fulfilling outreach outcomes for grants and research funding (contact Lisa Barker)
- Creative Services, Marketing, and Publicity for programs produced through PLACE: event logos, posters and flyers, email marketing, social media campaigns, press releases, and more (contact Jennifer Green)
The PLACE staff significantly contributed to the success of our online event. All our questions were answered, we were given the opportunity to test new ideas, and the PLACE team understood our goals.
If you have questions about PLACE programming or opportunities, please email email@example.com.